Thursday, November 18, 2010

Heavenly Father answers specific prayers specifically

Dear Family,

Thank you so much for sending me weekly updates. It's so good to hear from you and know what is going on in your lives.

Our big miracle this week is a man named William. About a week ago, one of our investigators asked us to drop off a bag of clothes to the salvation army. Well, we finally put it in our plans on Thursday night and went there Friday afternoon. On our way out, we ran into some members and had a good little chat with them. Then, just as we were getting in the car, I see this man jump out of his van and walk towards us. I got out of the car and he called out "Are you LDS?" "Yes." I said with a puzzled look on my face. William smiled and told us how he had just moved from Twin Falls (where Sister Warner is from) for a job and was wondering if we had some scriptures he could read since his quad was still in a box somewhere. All we really had to give him was a Book of Mormon but he still insisted on showing us, in my copy of the Doctrine and Covenants, that he has an ancestor who is listed in section 75. We talked a lot about church history and then I finally had to ask, "Have you been baptized?" He kinda chuckled and said "No. The Word of Wisdom is something I still struggle with. Smoking." We thought "No way, that's it. You know more about the church than I do." Apparently he did a side by side comparison of the Catholic church and the Mormon church in college and gained a testimony then. He came to church on Sunday and was already in 2 Nephi of the Book of Mormon we gave him. William is amazing! The really great part is that on Friday morning I prayed that Heavenly Father would lead us to those who were prepared or that he would lead them to us. Sure enough, he sent William right to us. And to think that He organized it all for us to be there at just the right time. I am always amazed at Heavenly Father's ability to lead us where He needs us to be.

Sorry it's short. I love you and pray for you.
Love,
Sister Bailey Mortensen

No comments:

Post a Comment