Friday, March 18, 2011

Happy Pi Day (3/14)


Dear Family,

How are you? I got an email from Clark but not from anyone else. I hope you are all doing well. I love you and I pray for you.

Steven was confirmed yesterday! Again, his brother Dan was the one to perform the ordinance. For me that was probably the most exciting part because previous missionaries and members have thought that Dan would never come back to church. But now he's teaching primary, going to the temple for baptisms, and baptizing and confirming his brother. It is wonderful to see people come into but also return to the fold. Their family is well on their way to becoming an eternal family.

Jim was in the hospital again this week, but we sent some members to go visit him after church. Sister Minino (excellent team up), Brother Minino (RC who just got the Melchizedek Priesthood last week), Brother Call (amazing high priest), and Brother Jensen (our Ward Mission Leader) all went to give him a blessing. They said he was very emotional and very grateful. He appreciated the company as well as the blessing. Jim also said he loves when we visit. He figured we had been knocking on his door and worrying about him not answering and only wishes he could have left us a sticky note on his door to let us know where he was. Thankfully we ran into his friend that was helping clean his apartment and that's how we found out what happened to Jim. His comment about the sticky note made me laugh because we often leave them for him. He is just a great man, the kind I'd like to adopt for a grandpa.

We have an amazing exhibit at the Trail Center. It's the one we saw in the Nauvoo visitors center called "The Healing Power of Jesus Christ." It is powerful. I love showing these beautiful statues to people. It strengthens my faith. I'll tey to remember to send you a brochure in the mail. Please read it. I wish you could be here to actually see it, but the pictures are really good too.

Let me know what I can do for each of you. I love you!
Love,
Sister Mortensen

No comments:

Post a Comment